Okay, I love the song lyrics meme so much that I have to do it. That meme would be:
Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play!
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play!
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from!
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly!
I don’t have an iPod or anything, but I do have a carousel that holds a whole lotta CDs, so shuffle mode on that is a rough equivalent. I’ve eliminated duplicate artists. I also deleted spoken-word stuff, like comedy album cuts. My tastes are pretty dang mainstream, so if yours are too, you may have a field day here.
And away we go:
1. I’ll say goodbye to Colorado, where I was born and partly raised.
2. You hold the percentage, but I’m the fool paying the dues.
3. Think of ice cream sliding into a crack.
4. Some things that happened for the first time seem to be happening again.
5. Oh, let’s blame it on the Yanks. (So sorry, boys.)
6. Brace yourself: I’m bent with bitterness.
I’m living in an empty room, with all the windows smashed.
8. Under his nose was a dream come true.
Fear not, for you’re still breathing.
10. As far as I can tell, I’ve been gone for miles now.
11. Oh, Mr. President, can I tell you a secret?
12. Dive down deep down to save my head.
Don’t give me that do-goody-good bullshit.
14. In secret she says she needs to see him, but no words are spoken.
15. Well you lied to me, cos I asked you to.
16. I used to need your love so badly; then I came to live with it.
17. Will this be our poisoned legacy?
And he rubbed the pot roast all over his chest.
19. It’s a different sport that is on its way.
20. Right and wrong — it never helped us get along.
I’m willing and able, so I throw my cards on your table.
22. Like day from night, suddenly I saw a thousand faces.
She’s killer diller when she’s dressed to the hilt.
24. Millions of kids are looking at you — you say, “Let them drink soda pop.”
25. There’s frost on the graves and the monuments, but the taverns are warm in town.
1 – I always thought this was “hardly raised”, but it appears I was wrong.
17 – I actually find this song highly annoying, and had a tough time picking out a lyric I even like.